The Sword of Truth and Justice

Another law student who is joining the Blogging fray!

2.09.2006

Color and Commentary

As everyone knows there is a new team calling Monday Night Football (MNF). Joe Theisman, Mike Tirico, and Tony Kornheiser are now the new triumvirate which will be calling the MNF games. I think this will be a good line-up, however, it got me thinking about assembling a Dream Team of football announcing. I am only going to include current announcers, it is not anything against the older guys, I just know more about the more recent crews.
A dream team of football announcers could be composed of several guys: Troy Aikman, Moose, The PTI guys, Joe Buck, Bob Costas, Ron (Jaws) Jaworski, Keith Jackson, Lynne Swann, Myron Cope, Melissa Stark. Of course, you can’t have all these folks jammed into a booth to call a game. Even putting four people into a booth is too many, the best is two-three man team with one-two people down on the sidelines. Because of this, not everybody is going to make it onto my dream team of commentators.
Lets start with the play-by-play, all of these guys are good but I would have to go with Keith Jackson. He is not only already an ABC-ESPN guy but also, for me, he is the voice of college football. I know, I know, college football is the key to the sentence. But for my money he is the guy to go to. Also, those Gatorade commercials would be crap without KJ!
For a color-commentator you have to go with Troy Aikman. While Troy played for the biggest ensemble of scum and villainy anywhere in the universe he is an excellent commentator.
I think that the two man combination of Jackson and Aikman would make a great team, however, I am going to choose an alternate. This alternate would not replace either of the regular guys but would simply join them. For this alternate I would choose Mike Wilbon. Nothing against TK but Wilbon is my boy, and I think he can stay awake more easily.
The sideline team. Clearly, Melissa Stark makes the cut for obvious reasons. In a surprise move, I am gonna put Myron Cope, inventor of the terrible towel, down there too. I put old Myron down there because he is hilarious. If you have not heard him he is like a squeakier, smaller, Western-PA version of Don Vito.
The Jaws factor. I love Jaws. His analysis is excellent and very interesting. Jaws did not make my list simply because I love his analysis in the pre-game and post-game so much! I simply cannot sacrifice his talents from those segments to put him in the booth. I just wanted to clear this up because it could be considered a major error to not include him.

That is my list. Look on it with awe!

1 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger The Brewer Patriot said...

Dude, Keith Jackson is the voice of college football and is in Gatorade commercials. Tom Jackson used to play for the Broncos and does NFL Sunday with Boomer, Steve and Irvin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Website Counter