The Sword of Truth and Justice

Another law student who is joining the Blogging fray!

11.11.2005

Pretty much why Lavar is still the man!

from the 50-Yard Lion Blog:
"Did you see that game? Oh my gosh. It was crazy," said Arrington, his eyes as wide as saucers. "I was so proud to be a Nittany Lion. That was unreal watching that on television. I felt like I was at the game. I'm sitting there running around my house. I'm pushing my brother out of the way and stuff like that, jumping up. I was calling out audibles and everything."

Then Arrington got to wondering: Why aren't NFL players able to retain the unbridled enthusiasm they felt as college players? That night, when the defense held a players-only meeting on the eve of the Redskins' game against Philadelphia, Arrington stood up and appealed for a school spirit revival.

Arrington even came up with a nickname for the defense, although it wasn't very original.

"We're 'The U.' The defensive unit, it's 'The U,'" he said. "It's kind of cool."

Kind of cool, but also already used by players from the University of Miami.

"Whatever," Arrington said. "Your U. Our U. 'The U.'"

But he will always be from Linebacker U.

Totally. Fuckin. Sweet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Website Counter