The Sword of Truth and Justice

Another law student who is joining the Blogging fray!

7.20.2005

Lies

In a comment to the prior post i was asked what lies i was refferring to when i said that the lies were getting pretty thick. The lies or Untruths, whichever makes you more comfortable came out of the mouth of Scott McClellan as he gave a press briefing on Sept. 29th 2003.

Q All right. Let me just follow up. You said this morning, "The President knows" that Karl Rove wasn't involved. How does he know that?

MR. McCLELLAN: Well, I've made it very clear that it was a ridiculous suggestion in the first place. I saw some comments this morning from the person who made that suggestion, backing away from that. And I said it is simply not true. So, I mean, it's public knowledge. I've said that it's not true. And I have spoken with Karl Rove --

Q But how does --

MR. McCLELLAN: I'm not going to get into conversations that the President has with advisors or staff or anything of that nature; that's not my practice.

Q But the President has a factual basis for knowing that Karl Rove --

MR. McCLELLAN: I said it publicly. I said that --

Q But I'm not asking what you said, I'm asking if the President has a factual basis for saying -- for your statement that he knows Karl Rove --

MR. McCLELLAN: He's aware of what I've said, that there is simply no truth to that suggestion. And I have spoken with Karl about it.


Mr. McClellan is the official spokesman for the Whitehouse. This was the Whitehouse's official comment on Karl Roves involvement. I clearly have no proof that anyone other than Karl Rove lied to Scott McClellan but it is clear that there is at the very least 1 lie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Free Website Counter